Bring your medical & cooking questions for this Q + A!
A trained chef and health coach, Dr. Zhu launched The Chef Doc website, an online wellness and lifestyle education platform. You can find recipes on his website, including this one which he prepared in the video:
Green Apple Beet Quinoa Salad
Serving size: 2
6 red beets organic, medium diced
1 green apple, medium diced
1 cup of arugula, par-boiled
2 tbsp of almonds, raw & sliced
1/4 cup fresh cranberries
1 1/2 cup of quinoa, precooked
3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
5 tbsp lemon juice
2 whole medjool dates
- Stockpot, 6 quart
- Bowl for ice bath
- Rinse and clean beets and place in stockpot full of water and boil until fork tender
(~ about 50 minutes). Then place in ice bath and remove skins of beets and place
in mixing bowl.
- Take one cup arugula and parboil and place in ice bath and add to mixing bowl.
- Cook fresh cranberries on medium heat on stovetop until they pop or split (~ 5-7
minutes). Then add to mixing bowl.
- Take blender and combine vinegar, lemon juice, and dates and blend until smooth.
- Add rest of apple, almonds, quinoa and blender mixture to mixing bowl.
- Set in fridge at least 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!
Dr. Zhu wrote this book: Thrive Medicine: How To Cultivate Your Desires And Elevate Your Life
Having challenges with this lifestyle?
Want to schedule a Zoom Cooking Class?
I would love to provide you with more help!
To get notifications of more interviews, subscribe to Be Green With Amy YouTube!
Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱
When you use our Affiliate links to make purchases we do earn a small commission without any extra cost to you.