Scroll down for recipe!
Dr. Colin Zhu is Board-Certified in family practice/OMT & lifestyle medicine who is also a trained Chef!
Dr. Zhu is available for consultations on Https://Plantbasedtelehealth.com Scroll down for an offer from Dr. Zhu!
Dr. Colin Zhu is Board-Certified in family practice/OMT and lifestyle medicine. Originally from New Jersey, Dr. Zhu is now based in Los Angeles. He graduated from the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine and one of the first-class of physicians to be board-certified in Lifestyle Medicine and only one of a few chef-doctors in the world. Passionate about the intersection of medicine, food, and nutrition, Dr. Zhu trained as a chef and a health coach at the Natural Gourmet Institute for Health & Culinary Arts and the Institute for Integrative Nutrition following the completion of his medical degree. To share his unique blend of medical knowledge with a wider audience, Dr. Zhu launched TheChefDoc, an online wellness and lifestyle education platform which has been featured in several publications. Dr. Zhu is an international speaker, the author of “Thrive Medicine: How To Cultivate Your Desires and Elevate Your Life,“ and is the podcast host of Thrive Bites in which he interviews the latest health and wellness experts about incorporating a plant-powered lifestyle, enhancing emotional wellness, and creating a thriving mindset! His latest venture is his signature virtual event for 2021 called The THR5 Formula where he combines inspiration, education, and practical tools on how to THRIVE! Dr. Zhu wrote this book: 📕Thrive Medicine: How To Cultivate Your Desires And Elevate Your Life
Coupon link for THE THR5 FORMULA Summit
Black Lentil Tomato Stew Ingredients
- Sweat onions and stir frequently over medium heat for 5-7 mins or until
- Add minced garlic and stir for another 5 mins
- Add cumin, coriander and thyme
- Add diced tomatoes and continue to stir frequently.
- Add in mushrooms and stir for another 3 mins or until translucent
- Add black lentils and add broth/water until just covers the surface of lentils
- Then add red miso paste and bay leaves. Stir frequently.
- Turn up heat to boil, once boiling then lower heat back down to simmer
- Add red cooking wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Simmer for another 15 mins
- Add dino kale and cook for another 3 mins
- Add black pepper and adjust other seasonings if needed
- Plate and serve and garnish with curly parsley
- Garnish with parsley.
- Silicon spatula
Click Here to arrange private Zoom cooking classes or coaching with this lifestyle.
Hi I’m Amy. My husband Rick & I adopted a Whole Plant lifestyle in 2012. We have had fantastic health results. Together, we’ve lost over 130 pounds! We offer private, lifestyle coaching and Zoom cooking lessons. We love to share our knowledge of this lifestyle and hope to spread the word and help others to Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱