If you want a reminder on your calendar, click on the link below. Donations are appreciated and help with the costs of creating these events, but not required. Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱
Scrambled Tacos (Breakfast Scramble Foodie Bar)
Not only are these super tasty, they are also extremely economical and once made, will last in the fridge for several days and be enough to fill 20 tacos! Then, a satisfying meal can be ready in less than 5 minutes, any time of day! If you already have a breakfast that you love, make a batch of the filling to enjoy as a lunch or dinner.
Scrambled Tacos (Breakfast Scramble Foodie Bar) Ingredients
- Drain tofu from package, wrap in a clean dish towel or paper towels, and press out extra water. Transfer to a medium sized bowl, mash with a fork until crumbly, mix in turmeric, pepper, nutritional yeast and salt (if using).
- Warm a large skillet (medium heat), add the red onion, and cook until softened and lightly brown, 3-5 minutes. Add garlic and carrot, cook for 1-2 minutes, add chopped* kale and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add tofu mixture to veggies, cook for a few minutes, then add salsa and black beans.
- Cook until heated through and any extra liquid in the pan has evaporated.
- Think beyond tortillas and serve this scramble in purple cabbage, Napa cabbage or bok choy leaves, or in a steamed collard leaf as a breakfast (or anytime) burrito!
- *Buy refrigerated tofu either packed in water in a plastic tub or vacuum sealed. Do not use tofu labeled “silken” for this recipe.
*Use a variety of chopped leafy greens, fresh or frozen: kale, collard greens, spinach, mustard greens, or chard.
*If using frozen greens, use a food processor to finely chop them (while still frozen).