At age 72, Esther went from size 26 to size 6!
At age 80, Al could hardly walk without debilitating chest pains. Today he can walk for miles! Learn strategies to overcome food addiction!
Here are some of Esther’s tips to stay compliant on a whole food plant based eating plan:
As Al says use processes or systems which he learned about in this book 📚 How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big: Kind of the Story of My Life.
1. Clean up your environment
2. Never be hungry
3. Make a grocery list and make a decision to not deviate – even for compliant food. Stick to your system.
4. Be prepared at home: Batch cook potatoes, sweet potatoes, beans, rice and oatmeal.
5. Decide on a single plan to follow. Put it to the test. No mixing and matching!
6. Start your day with a glass of warm water. Think, then drink water before you eat – are you cold, tired, thirsty or simply wanting to “fill” another need?
7. Be wary of restaurants – even vegan restaurants.
8. Take potatoes with you wherever you go, if necessary.
9. If there is something you are tempted to eat, set the timer on your phone and see what you think after 20 minutes.
10. If you do go off of the plan, have your next bite be a potato. Reset your taste buds.
11. Listen to motivational podcasts.
12. Read inspiring stories
13. Believe in yourself
14. Love the one you are rather than the one who led you astray.
15. Ask for help
16. Don’t let your higher power go to waste – utilize it.
17. Masticate your food slowly.
18. Decide on what is the purpose of food.
19. Identify what is food and what is toxic substances to your body.
20. Abstinence is a cure. Moderation is not – at least for food substance addicts.
21. Decide what you can give up forever.
22. Goals may be good but what is your plan for life?
Want more help Contact Amy
See Esther and Al’s Bio and Contact Info Below:
Disease Reverse Hope
📚 Esther used this book for her weight loss success:
The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss
📚 Esther and Al appear in this book! Disease Reversal Hope!: Real People. Real Stories.
Hi I’m Amy. My husband Rick & I adopted a Whole Plant lifestyle in 2012. We have had fantastic health results. Together, we’ve lost over 130 pounds! We offer private, lifestyle coaching and Zoom cooking lessons. We love to share our knowledge of this lifestyle and hope to spread the word and help others to Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱 !
Sharme Ridley is a Rouxbe certified plant-based cooking enthusiast who specializes in creating Louisiana Creole inspired dishes. Overcoming a host of health issues after adopting a plant-based diet, she now inspires others to follow a whole food, plant-based (WFPB) lifestyle through her efforts with Plant Based Atlanta, a PlantPure Communities pod and her Atlanta Creole YouTube channel, where she offers WFPB cooking demonstrations. Sharme is also one of the hosts for CNS Kitchen, a T. Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies (CNS) plant-based support group. She earned the CNS eCornell Plant Based Nutrition Certificate and is a Licensed Food for Life Instructor with the Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM). A retired public school teacher in her early 60s, she takes no medicines and is a living testament to the power of plants. Sharme has a B.S. in Secondary Education, a MEd in Educational Administration, and an EdS in Curriculum and Instruction.
CNS Kitchen: cnskitchen.nutritionstudies.org
Esther Lebeck Loveridge has a passion for sharing the secret of her dramatic weight loss story. She says “It is never too late to begin a journey toward health”. She took her first step at the age of 72 by following “The McDougall Program for Maximum Weight Loss”, a plant-based diet.
Esther has been designated as a “Star McDougaller” and her success story appears on Dr. McDougall’s Health and Medical Center website. She has a BA in Psychology and more recently completed “The Starch Solution Certification Course”.
She is the Administrator of “Esther’s Nutritional Journey” on Facebook where she supports thousands of followers on a daily basis with her inspired words of encouragement.
Esther was featured on the August 5, 2019 cover of Woman’s World Magazine (going from size 26 to size 6). She has told her story on the radio, international interviews and at the SacTown VegFest2019.
She is a great-grandmother, a native of Sacramento, CA and is married to Ben Loveridge, the “Donut Man” who followed her lead and lost 80 pounds since joining her journey. They love traveling the world together.
FB Esther’s Nutritional Journey
The contents of this video/website are for informational purposes only. Information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Always consult your health care provider if you have any health related concerns or questions.
Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱 !
When you use our Affiliate links to make purchases we do earn a small commission without any extra cost to you.