You won’t miss hot dogs at the next Barbecue. You can even bring these in a container to throw on your friends grill!
Thanks to our Green Star members Beverly & John for this awesome, “Tastes like a hot dog!” recipe as demonstrated here on BeGreenWithAmy YouTube.
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegetable broth (store-bought, or homemade vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup date paste
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8 medium carrot (peeled, skinny ends trimmed, carrots cut the length of the buns)
- 8 hot dog buns (whole wheat)
Toss carrots in sauce then transfer all to the Instant Pot. For smaller carrots, turn the Instant Pot on manual for 4 minutes, then quick release. For larger/thicker carrots, cook on manual for 6 minutes and then quick release.
You can sear them on a grill pan or grill (optional).
Beverly likes to save her left over marinade in the refrigerator.
Check out Beverly’s Pinterest board for lots of plant-based recipes.
If you would like help to learn ways to navigate this lifestyle, please contact me for a coaching session. I have learned many strategies, tips and hacks while coaching people since 2012. I would love to help you be successful as well.
Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!