You won’t miss hot dogs at the next Barbecue. You can even bring these in a container to throw on your friends grill!
Thanks to our Green Star members Beverly & John for this awesome, “Tastes like a hot dog!” recipe as demonstrated here on BeGreenWithAmy YouTube.
- 1/2 cup unsalted vegetable broth (store-bought, or homemade vegetable broth)
- 1/2 cup tamari soy sauce
- 1/4 cup liquid aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup date paste
- 2 teaspoons liquid smoke (vegan)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8 medium carrot (peeled, skinny ends trimmed, carrots cut the length of the buns)
- 8 hot dog buns (whole wheat)
- salt free mustard
- ketchup (SOS Free Free – no sugar, oil or salt)
Toss carrots in sauce then transfer all to the Instant Pot. For smaller carrots, turn the Instant Pot on manual for 4 minutes, then quick release. For larger/thicker carrots, cook on manual for 6 minutes and then quick release.
You can sear them on a grill pan or grill (optional).
You can shave down and round off the ends to make them look more like hotdogs.
Beverly likes to save her left over marinade in the refrigerator.
If you would like help to learn ways to navigate this lifestyle or private, Zoom, cooking lessons, please contact me for a coaching session. I have learned many strategies, tips and hacks while coaching people since 2012. I would love to help you be successful as well.
If you would like to help support my blog, consider shopping on my Amazon Store for Whole Food, Plant Based kitchen gadgets, books, food, home delivered food and more!
Check out Beverly’s Pinterest board for lots of plant-based recipes.
Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱
When you use our Affiliate links to make purchases we do earn a small commission without any extra cost to you.