Are you looking for an alternative to oats or smoothies for breakfast?
Be Green With Amy Breakfast Aquafaba Vegetable Breakfast Frittata Ingredients
Be Green With Amy Breakfast Aquafaba Vegetable Breakfast Frittata Instructions
- In a large saucepan, whisk together the broth, turmeric, nutritional yeast, asafetida, black pepper, baking soda and dijon mustard and bring to a boil.
- Whisk in the chickpea flour, lower the heat and stir continuously until it thickens.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes, fold in the veggies and raisins and remove from the heat.
- Using an electric mixer, whip aquafaba to stiff peaks, adding apple cider vinegar and cream of tartar as you go.
- Fold the whipped aquafaba into the mixture in saucepan until fully incorporated.
- Pour mixture into a silicone 9 X 13 inch baking pan or cupcake pan and bake at 350 degrees F for 35-45 minutes or until firm and lightly browned on top.
- Note: Aquafaba is the common name for the cooking liquid from beans and other legumes like chickpeas. You may know it as the typically discarded liquid found in retail cans and boxes of beans, or as the liquid left over from cooking your own from dried. You want your aquafaba to be the consistency of egg whites. If it’s really runny, you’re better off reducing it by a quarter, by simmering it over low heat, then letting it cool. If it’s too gloppy or firm like jello, it’s been reduced too far and you’ll need to heat it back up with some water. There is a very wide range of concentrations that work, depending on your recipe, so don’t worry too much. Most packages or cans of chickpeas have liquid that’s about the perfect consistency.
- Serves: 8 Enjoy!
Hi I’m Amy. My husband Rick & I adopted a Whole Plant lifestyle in 2012. We have had fantastic health results. Together, we’ve lost over 130 pounds! We offer private, lifestyle coaching and Zoom cooking lessons. We love to share our knowledge of this lifestyle and hope to spread the word and help others to Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱
The contents of this video/website are for informational purposes only. Information provided is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice or treatment. Always consult your health care provider if you have any health related concerns or questions.
Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!🌱
When you use our Affiliate links to make purchases we do earn a small commission without any extra cost to you.