- 1.5 -2 lbs red jalapeño pepper ( half de-seeded)
- 1 Habenaro pepper, de-seeded
- ½ cup organic vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 6 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup date syrup/paste
- Salt substitute to taste
- Cut up your jalapeño peppers and blend them together with your water, garlic, vinegar, habanero pepper until they are blended very, very well. This should take a couple minutes.
- Once everything is blended very well, transfer your mixture to a medium size sauce pan and bring to a slight boil. Reduce heat right away and allow to simmer for about 20 minutes, or until the mixture has reduced by ⅓.
- Once reduced, add date syrup/paste and salt substitute to the peppers mixture, and mix well. Re-blend this mixture or mix it very well by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated. ***WARNING- Only re-blend if you have a blender with a removable cap– or else it will explode!!!
- Get yourself a fine mesh strainer or nut milk bag or cheese cloth, and strain the crap out of your mixture to catch all the seeds and thick matter.
- Put into a lovely glass jar and enjoy!!!! This will keep for a couple weeks, but you can also freeze half if you wish!
If you would like to help support my blog, consider shopping on my Amazon Store for Whole Food, Plant Based kitchen gadgets, books, food, home delivered food and more!