Crunchy, no sugar, oil or salt or flour!
½ cup chia seed*
½ cup sesame seeds*
½ cup pepitas (pumpkin seed)*
½ cup sunflower seeds
1 cup water
Salt Substitute to taste
1) Preheat the oven to 300ºF. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
2) In a large bowl, combine the chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pepita seeds, and sesame seeds.
3) Add the water, garlic, and salt substitute. Stir with a spatula until combined. Allow the mixture to sit for a couple of minutes until the chia seeds absorb the water. After the 2-minute rest, when you stir the mixture, you shouldn’t see a pool of water on the bottom of the bowl.
4) With the spatula or your hand, spread the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet in two small rectangles, about 12×7 inches each and 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick. Sprinkle additional salt substitute on top.
5) Bake for 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and carefully flip each rectangle with a spatula*. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes more, until lightly golden around the edges. Watch closely near the end to make sure they don’t burn. Let cool for 10 to 15 minutes on the pan and then break the rectangles into crackers and let cool completely on the pan.
Store in an airtight container or jar on the counter for up to 2 weeks.
You can also freeze the crackers in ZipLoc Bags for up to 1 month.
*You can also cut into cracker size with a pizza cutter after you flip them the first time.
If you would like to help support my blog, consider shopping on my Amazon Store for Whole Food, Plant Based kitchen gadgets, books, food, home delivered food and more!
I have helped many people to navigate this lifestyle, please contact me for a coaching session. I have learned many strategies, tips and hacks while coaching people since 2012. I would love to help you be successful as well.
Please click on follow so I know you would like me to share more helpful hints.
Check out my BeGreenWithAmy YouTube Channel for lots of whole food, plant based hacks, recipes and more.
Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!