This recipe was brought to a potluck dinner I attended.
- 4 lb butternut Squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 sprig of Sage
- 1 large Onion, roughly chopped ½ inches
- 1 piece of fresh ginger, peeled and roughly slice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups unsalted vegetable stock
- pepper to taste
- salt substitute to taste
- ½ cup of unsalted, Toasted Pumpkin Seeds, for garnish
- In the pressure cooker, with the top off, over medium heat soften onions with the sage, salt substitute and pepper.
- When the onions are soft, push onions aside and add in enough squash cubes to cover the base of the pressure cooker, let brown for for about 10 minutes stirring infrequently.
- Add the rest of the squash along with the ginger, nutmeg, and stock.
- Close and lock the lid of the pressure cooker.
- When time is up, open the cooker by releasing the pressure.
- Fish out the woody sage stem and discard.
- With a stick immersion blender puree’ the contents of the pressure cooker and serve!
- If you do not have an immersion blender, carefully pour into blender and blend till creamy.
- Garnish with unsalted, toasted pumpkin seeds.