Easy Vegan Spanish Rice Bowl with Taco Roasted Cauliflower. Everyday Meal with everyday ingredients. Vegan Gluten free Nut free Soy free Recipe. Easily made oil free. The Spanish rice is easy to adapt to instant pot. Use the timing for brown rice. Cook, natural release, and finish with the added ingredients.
Course: Main Course
Adapted from Vegan Richa
- 1 cup brown rice such as basmati, or use short grain washed, drained, then soaked in water for 15 mins
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder blend or taco seasoning (see Recipe notes below)
- 1 tbsp pickled jalapeno
- 1/2 tsp tasty table
- 2 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup low salt chunky salsa
- 1 can drained or 1½ cups salt free corn
- 2 tbsp cilantro
- 1 small head of cauliflower chopped into florets
- 2 tsp aquafaba
- 1 tbsp or more unsalted taco spice/seasoning blend
- 1/2 garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp tasty table
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- Salsa of choice
- Lime juice
- Spanish Rice: Mix together the tomato, onion, cumin, chili powder, jalapeno, garlic powder and set aside.
- Drain the rice and combine with 2 1/2 cup water in a saucepan. Add the tomato mixture, 1/2 tsp tasty table and mix in. (at this point you can also add some chopped bell pepper).
- Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 40-45 minutes or until the rice is cooked through. Mix in about 1/4 cup chunky salsa and the chopped cilantro and fluff. Taste and adjust flavor(add more chili powder or taco seasoning, more salsa if needed).
- Place cauliflower florets in large bowl. You can also add other veggies to the mix such as broccoli, zucchini, sweet potato, rutabaga. Increase the spices and salt substitute accordingly.
- Mix the spices and salt substitute in a small bowl then sprinkle all over. Toss to coat. Distribute the Cauliflower on a parchment lined baking sheet or baking dish.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 deg C) for 25 mins or until the veggies are cooked through.
Serve the spanish rice with the roasted cauliflower/veggies, sprinkle of lime juice, some salsa and guacamole/avocado.
For a hearty meal, add beans of choice. I also like a dash of black pepper over the bowl. The mix can also be made into burritos with some lettuce and refried beans.
Add some refried beans or walnut or tempeh taco meat to the bowl for variation.
Taco Seasoning: Mix and store.
2 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp each of garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika
1/2 tsp each chipotle pepper powder, black pepper
1 tsp each of oregano and parsley,
1/2 tsp cayenne (optional, add less to preference), a good pinch of allspice or cinnamon.
Thanks to our Green Star member JoAnn for this recipe which she brought to her Taco Tuesday demonstration YouTube!
Please follow me so that I know you would like to see more helpful information.
Check out my BeGreenWithAmy YouTube Channel for lots of whole food, plant based hacks, recipes and more.
Be Strong, Be Well and Be Green!